Our Pediatric Oncology Department which incorporates both outpatient and inpatient services is offering comprehensive cancer care to children of all ages with solid and brain tumors.
We treat children and teens with a variety of solid malignancies, including bone and soft-tissue tumors, liver and kidney tumors,
neuroblastoma, retinoblastoma, and rare tumors.
Our multidisciplinary teams include Radiologists, Pathologists, Pediatric surgeons, General Pediatricians, Neuro/Spine Surgeons, Neurologists , Radiation Oncologists, Orthopaedics, Urologists, and Thoracic Surgeons who have the expertise to correctly diagnose, operate, and treat a patient’s cancer/tumor along with Pediatric Oncologists. All of this is delivered in a child-friendly environment for our patients and families during a difficult time in their lives. We use the latest clinical techniques to improve outcomes and quality of life for our patients.
Anadolu Medical Center offers patients the most advanced diagnostics and treatments available, including:
• Pediatric surgeons who have the expertise in removing pediatric solid tumors
• Expert diagnosis by pathologists who use molecular diagnostic testing to identify tumor type and predict which treatments are more likely to work
• Offer I-131 MIBG therapy for children with relapsed neuroblastoma
• Interventional radiologists who use minimally invasive radiofrequency ablation to help eliminate tumors
• Advanced Radiation Oncology Treatments ( e.g. Cyber Knife, TrueBeam)
• Free of charge expert medical second opinions
Diseases treated in the unit are as follows:
Malignant - Non-malignant brain and spinal cord tumors
Rhabdomyosarcoma and other soft tissue tumors
Osteosarcoma Germ cell tumors
Hemangioma and other vascular anomalies
Lymph node enlargement